I am not one to jump on the bandwagon (yes, I know, everyone says that), but I feel so old and out of the loop with all this
Facebook,
Myspace, and
IM type stuff that I apparently think posting to a blog will make me feel young and technologically connected. Who knew I was insecure about my technology abilities? I've read my sister's and sister in law's blogs, as well as a few friends', and they've surprisingly grown on me. Plus, I am sick of typing emails to everyone letting them know what I've been up to, so this should actually save me a lot of time! Yes, it is truly all about me, not you. As a bonus, perhaps this whole blog phenomenon will inspire me to do fun, exciting things so I can entertain people since it is possible no one wants to read about my typical activities of painting my cats' nails. And yes, Mom, before you cry, I am kidding. I only have one cat.
I am fairly certain this blog adventure will be akin to the approximately 900 times in my life I've recommitted to writing in a journal: entries for a few days, then nothing for months or years except sheer embarrassment when I look back at what I wrote.
I just looked at the settings and evidently there is an option for "adult content" in a blog. Are you kidding me? What is wrong with people these days? Can we not just write things about our lives without "XXX" posted everywhere? Get a grip. So let me see if I can take a few words to summarize what my life is like right now:
- I work
- I work out
- I feel guilty that I don't work out enough
- I try to spend some time in the outdoors at least once a week. Right now that seems to be primarily skiing.
- I don't write adult content in blogs
I think this is sufficient for a first blog out of the gate.
4 comments:
You are so funny! Glad I can now document your life through the blog since I never see you!! Actually I expect you to write about me all the time!!!
Love you!
You're hilarious and this is great, but if it's going to take the place of e-mails, text msgs, and phone calls, I'll be the first in line to boycott it! Otherwise, keep it up. I'll be checking for kitty nail painting updates.
You need to blog again, we miss knowing what's going on. I guess it's not like you never talk to Jon, but still, I want to hear it too.
Is it o.k. with you if kids read your blog?
Post a Comment